I dropped my Galaxy s4 yesterday and since then, the touch has been unresponsive. It charges, the side buttons work, the only problem is the touch screen is unresponsive, and half of the screen is covered in purple and green smudges.
    03-04-2015 05:11 PM
    It would be possible to do it, but unless you as skilled and experienced in such work, the likelihood of something going wrong would be high. It would be better, and possibly cheaper in the long run, to put it into the hands of qualified and reputable repairers. Anyway, that's my judgement of it for what it's worth.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-04-2015 05:19 PM
    It could be the screen, it could be a connector that came loose or it could be some problem on the motherboard.

Replacing the screen is not something you want to try on a working phone the first time. You try it with bad screens and phones that don't pay to repair, until you can get a few done without breaking something or melting something.

And you have no way of diagnosing if just replacing the screen is going to fix the phone. Take it into a repair shop with a good reputation and ask for an estimate.

After years of repairing cellphones, I always recommend that you don't attempt to do repairs inside the phone on your own. After you'd tried, broken something, tried to fix that, broken something else ... and ended up spending more money than a new phone would have cost, you'd understand why.
    03-04-2015 05:26 PM