Why can't I find the files I put on my device via PC?

A

AC Question

Here's what I do:

1. I connect my tablet (Nvidia Shield) to my desktop and open the device in explorer.
2. I open up the "Android" folder and create an OBB folder in it.
3. I Drag and Drop my files to it. They are the only files in the just created folder.
4. I open Astrofile manager.
5. I open Android/OBB

6. .... And files for a completely different game (Trine 2) are there.
7. I figure there must be multiple locations, so I run a search for the files I loaded. Nada.
8. I stare in utter disbelief.
8. I check the windows screen. Yep. There are files.
9. I check the Shield Screen. Nope, only Trine 2 files.

10. I give up and delete the OBB file from explorer.
11. ...And it's gone from Astro!
12. I open Trine 2, fearing that I deleted something essential to it's functioning. It works fine.

13. I reattach the tablet to my desktop and re-add the file.
14. OBB's back, along with the Trine 2 files.

What is going on?!?!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm curious--you actually had to create the OBB folder? On my Nexus 5, the /Android/OBB/ folder is automatically created by apps.

Also, how big is the file you're moving? Is it on the order of a GB? I've noticed that copying huge files can lead to more chance of errors.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Was that the /Android folder you used, or an Android folder in another directory tree? /Android and /mnt/ExtSdCard/Android aren't the same folder, even if, to the particular app you're using, the second one shows as just Android. (You have to aware of the full path name of a folder at all times.)

Chances are that the Android folder you made from the PC and the Android folder you're seeing in Astrofile are different folders. I haven't used astro in a few years, but I think it defaults to sd0, so the Android folder you're looking at if you didn't back out to / is really /storage/emulated/0/Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781