On my Nexus 7 setup (from restore), why can't I establish a reliable connection to the server?

A

AC Question

Nexus 7 setup (from restore): Can't establish a reliable connection to the server

Hello all.

I've just restored my sons (original) Nexus 7 (GPRS). On set up it can't connect to his Google account and states "Couldn't sign in." "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server". "This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues call customer care"

I've tried on various wireless networks, with and without my (working) sim installed, deleting the device's content via my son's Google Account and removing the device from my sons Google Account devices. I've tried setting up the device with no account and then adding his account in afterwards. I've tried adding my account. Still the same problem.

Nothing works. Is there anything else left to try?

CiaoBella1

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Try installing any OS updates.

I got the same message, I logged into Play Store via laptop, but I don't know if that would have resolved the issue, because I am installing updates presently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax