I dropped it in the water yesterday then immediately turned it off took the battery out and put in rice. I left it in for 24 hours then disassembled all but the screen assembly and applied heat with a hair dryer. Now the screen is glitching such as lines going across the screen. Then it goes black do I need to replace the screen or what? I am new to this and any advice is helpful.
    03-05-2015 12:39 PM
    Unfortunately with water damage it could be a number of things. It could be the screen itself, the display driver chip, even just a loose connector. You did apply heat, which also introduces the possibility of melting something that is now causing short circuits.

This needs to be inspected in person by someone who knows how to repair phones, IMHO.
    Unfortunately with water damage it could be a number of things. It could be the screen itself, the display driver chip, even just a loose connector. You did apply heat, which also introduces the possibility of melting something that is now causing short circuits.

This needs to be inspected in person by someone who knows how to repair phones, IMHO.
    03-05-2015 01:02 PM
    All that I am getting now is the note 4 bootup screen then it goes black. The buttons still work and I can still hear when I swipe to unlock.
    03-05-2015 01:15 PM
    I'm afraid this is very damaged if you're stuck in a bootloop after no software changes
    03-05-2015 01:38 PM
    I just booted it up it was working. Even recieived a phone call. Thing is I was getting I guess you could say screen "blips". Where a square spot on the screen would have lines through it. So I went ahead and powered it off. I think I am going to let it dry for another day or so.
    03-05-2015 01:53 PM
    Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. As SpookDroid said, it's probably very damaged by now (having it turned on, or even leaving the battery in it, when it's wet causes damage by electrolysis) and would probably cost more to repair than a good used phone.
    03-05-2015 10:05 PM