How do I retrieve contacts once deleted ?

A

AC Question

how to retrieve contacts once deleted ?

i am new to android phones i was at work phone was in pocket pulled it out to make a call and all contacts were deleted. i need to know if this is common with SM g900A models and how can i retrieve them if possible

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to retrieve contacts once deleted ?

Welcome to Android Central! Clarify a couple of things:

1. When you say contacts were deleted, do you mean you can't find the Contacts shortcut icon any more on the homescreen, or you actually went into the Contacts app and can't find any contacts there?

2. Were all of your contacts associated with your Google account, or with the local Phone account only? If they're associated with Google, then they get synced to your Google Contacts in the cloud automatically. You can then sync them easily to any device that you log into with your Google account. If you associate them with the local Phone account only, then they don't get synced anywhere, and if they get lost somehow, or if something happens to the phone, then they're gone forever.

3. Open Contacts, and tap Menu, then Contacts to Display--make sure the correct account has been selected.