Why won't the sound play on some YouTube videos?

A

AC Question

why won't the sound play on some youtube videos? galaxy s5

I have a galaxy s5 and I've just begun having issues with sound on videos,I'm talking Internet not home videos. I'll be trying to watch a video dom my fb feed and there won't be sound so I'll go to the Web page and it still won't work. It's not consistent, and I'm sure they have sound on the videos because I can hear it on my pc.

I appreciate any insight and help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why won't the sound play on some youtube videos? galaxy s5

Welcome to Android Central! Do the videos play correctly using the YouTube app? You only mentioned accessing them using your browser.

Holly Barr Gabbey

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I am able to hear sounds on you tube app and other sites but if I try to launch the video from fb or view in my fb feed the sound is not functioning.

This is a relatively new issue as it was functioning 2 weeks ago.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Without actually knowing, I'd blame the FB app. Why? I've written software for 40 years, and that's the worst piece of ... I've ever seen. Zuckerburg must have recorded the movements of his left earlobe one night while he slept and used that as the code for the app. (Okay, so I'm trying to be nice - this is a family forum so I can't really tell you what I think of the app.)

Rcent issue? What else happend recently? When I went from 4.3 to 4.4.2, the FB app slowed down. To the point that, at 72, I thought I'd never live long enough to see another video on the app. I mean 3 hours of watching the circle spin. Great for the internet of 1815, not for the internet of 2015. My browser still worked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Facebook was also causing battery drain issues in recent weeks on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, so I completely uninstalled it about a week ago. Just tried reinstalling it to see if they fixed it (since there had been a couple of updates since then), and it seems to be behaving itself. But that whole mess did not instill confidence.:-\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781