I encrypted my phone several months ago and have typed in my password dozens of times each day since then. After setting down my phone tonight and leaving it for several hours, suddenly the password doesn't work. No root, nothing. Just suddenly stopped working. Has something been corrupted? Anyway I can get back in?
    03-05-2015 11:31 PM
    I have the same experience. Encrypted my phone 8 months ago, and have had the same password. Recently i received the latest Android firmware upgrade - the phone had issues with after this reporting " touchwiz home has stopped" and it was not possible to add widgets to the various home screens. Last evening my phone function normally(" touchwiz home has stopped" still present) . I left the s4 in it its regular place to charge it overnight. This morning it appeared as the phone during the night had carried out a restart and it was asking for the Android password in the morning. I have tried my password several times and I am 100% sure that I use the same correct password (same as for the last 8 months), however the phone reports that it is the wrong password!

It appears that the only solution is to do a full factory reset. Any suggestions.
    03-06-2015 08:10 AM