I dropped my phone and now the display is not working, is this something I can fix on my own without having to replace the screen?

A

AC Question

Display not working... dropped my phone

Hi everyone
So, I dropped my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note II, on the floor, and it stopped working; it was in three (intact?) pieces- the battery, the phone itself and the cover. I put the battery back in and little flash of color appeared on the right side of the screen whenever I pressed the On button but that's about all it did. I plugged it into a charger and, following a YouTube tutorial's instructions, I took out the battery again, held the power button for about a minute and then put it all back and turned it on (at least, I think I did; the screen's not working so I wouldn't know). Now, that little flash doesn't appear everytime I press the On button, however the touchscreen fully works- I even managed to type my password in and get to the home page. The problem is, I can't see anything. Nada. The little lights, like on the return button or above the black screen area, won't turn on either. Please, if there's anything I can do, let me know; my screen cracked about a year ago and I can't keep spending money on repairing my phone (yes, I know it's my fault).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Display not working... dropped my phone

I don't think there's anything you can do yourself to get it working. It'll have to go to the repair shop for a diagnosis at least, and, unless you're very confident of being able to repair it yourself, for the repair work too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781