How to get rid of browser icon from the status bar in Android running with v4.4.4?

A

AC Question

How to get rid of browser icon from the status bar in android running with v4.4.4

Am using samsung S3 NEO, from few days am noticing a "browser" icon in d status bar.

Browser icon is similar to native android icons, its like a SIM- rectangle with a "globe" in d middle.

In the status bar, broswer icon is, in between to mobile signal icon and data signal icon.

Tried many ways to get rid of it. But unsuccessful. Fyi no browser was running in d background.

So can someone help me out, by providing me a solution to get rid of this icon.

Thanks,
SarathChandra

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get rid of browser icon from the status bar in android running with v4.4.4

Welcome to Android Central! It's not a browser icon. If I had to guess, it sounds like a global roaming icon for your cell service.

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to get rid of browser icon from the status bar in android running with v4.4.4

Hi Diddy, Thanks for your reply. But that hasn't resolved the issue. Am in home network. So i guess its not related to network. As far I know it displays a 'R' letter just above the mobile network, if am in roaming.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what that is. I tried a Google Image Search, but it came up with nothing. Go to your Settings>About Phone menu and see if there is an icon glossary there.

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, Thanks for your help. I got the solution.
Its just a silly one.

The mentioned icon is for SIM. We can modify from below setings.

Setting-sim card manager-select Sim-select icon for sim.

I guess one of my friend changed it to browser sim icon, as i had mentioned him, that I use the current SIM card for only internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan