On my Samsung S3 Mini, I can connect to my home wifi as well as other wifi networks (including hotspots, but that isn't the problem). I know the connection is working because it works on my laptop. But more frequently now, the internet access just stops. I am still connected to the Wifi network, but any access to anything stops (ie. Whatsapp messages won't send, internet pages won't refresh). I have to repeatedly turn off my Wifi and turn it back on again before it starts working again. Sometimes I have to turn it off/on around 5 times before it starts to work, and then it still phases out after a minute or so. This is incredibly frustrating and I do not want to be using up my mobile data allowance.
    Thanks
    03-06-2015 12:51 PM
    Check your router and if you're using TKIP or TKIP+AES encryption in wifi, change it to AES. (You'll have to reconnect all your other devices, but that takes a few seconds each.) That may or may not help. (AES encryption is difficult enough to break that no one is going to put out that much effort unless you have the password to Fort Knox and you're foolish enough to email it to someone.)
    03-06-2015 03:07 PM