I have a Moto G 1st Gen on Verizon and I have been having issues.

I have never had a problem with phone call quality on Verizon before but with this phone I will find patches, even when I am just walking around my neighborhood where the phone starts for lack of a better word, skipping. I will hear every third syllable of the callers sentence and I believe they are getting the same response from me.

I can walk 20 ft and the phone call goes back to normal. I notice this a lot on my Bluetooth but it also happens when I am just using the phone alone.

It is really frustrating given that the old iPhone 4s that I have doesn't do any of this even when I am walking the same route. I have changed this phone three times and each one does the same thing in varying degrees but none of them are acceptable. I had to stop a business call for 30 seconds just because I couldn't hear the caller.

Before I give up and try a new phone I thought I would toss this out to the group and see if anyone else has a solution to this.
    03-06-2015 03:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if your phone supports Verizon's Advanced Calling (i.e., voice over LTE, or VoLTE)? If so, see what happens if you turn it off.

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like it's not on the list: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=NPeEJWQO
    03-06-2015 04:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if your phone supports Verizon's Advanced Calling (i.e., voice over LTE, or VoLTE)? If so, see what happens if you turn it off.
    Moto g 1st gen is 3g only
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-06-2015 04:02 PM
    I have a Moto G 1st Gen on Verizon and I have been having issues.

I have never had a problem with phone call quality on Verizon before but with this phone I will find patches, even when I am just walking around my neighborhood where the phone starts for lack of a better word, skipping. I will hear every third syllable of the callers sentence and I believe they are getting the same response from me.

I can walk 20 ft and the phone call goes back to normal. I notice this a lot on my Bluetooth but it also happens when I am just using the phone alone.

It is really frustrating given that the old iPhone 4s that I have doesn't do any of this even when I am walking the same route. I have changed this phone three times and each one does the same thing in varying degrees but none of them are acceptable. I had to stop a business call for 30 seconds just because I couldn't hear the caller.

Before I give up and try a new phone I thought I would toss this out to the group and see if anyone else has a solution to this.
    I had a similar problem on my moto g. You can call Verizon to troubleshoot.

My other phones worked fine though, with the exclusion of my Droid razr maxx which had poor call quality too
    03-06-2015 04:14 PM
    I am afraid that I have called Verizon multiple times and I am on my 3rd new phone. Everyone is baffled what is causing this. My only thought is that there is a problem with the design of the antenna... Maybe there is a software glitch... I am lost and really close to switching to a different phone/plan. I just hate giving up.
    03-06-2015 05:21 PM
    If you can tell me what they did I will gladly try anything now
    03-06-2015 05:21 PM
    Try calling Verizon and ask for another device as a warranty replacement. No guarantees but worth a shot
    03-06-2015 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion... Sadly, I am on my third phone. The original phone, a warranty replacement from Verizon then a warranty replacement from Motorola. There has to be some issue with this phone since really there can't be three defective phones... or at least very unlikely. I wonder if there is a connection with the wi-fi or the Bluetooth but it doesn't seem like it gets much better when I use a wired headset or turn off the wi-fi
    03-06-2015 05:54 PM
    What I meant was another device model.
    03-06-2015 05:56 PM
    Moto g 1st gen is 3g only
    I was derping on multiple levels.
    03-06-2015 06:04 PM
    I tried that today... I am on their pre paid wireless program and I talked to 3 different people and they said no... Maybe I could talk Motorola into giving me a 2nd Generation version but I have no idea if that would work. I guess it is worth a shot. I was really hoping that others out there had a similar problem and a resolution. Best Buy was offering a deal on a Galaxy 5 but that kicks my monthly bill up $15. Not the end of the world but not my first choice. I really like this phone, well except for the trouble I am having.
    03-06-2015 06:22 PM
    Moto x developer edition 32gb goes on sale for $200 on occasion.
    03-06-2015 10:16 PM
    Ahhh... worth a shot. To get my last replacement I was talking to someone overseas that didn't seem to be able to do something like that but maybe an email to corporate might help. I think they are in my back yard here... (Ft Lauderdale)
    03-07-2015 09:07 AM
    After all this I am a bit hesitant to buy another Motorola phone... I will try talking to Motorola directly and hope for the best I guess. Thanks
    03-07-2015 09:10 AM
    Ok... so here is the update... I have been using a wired headset and the phone seems to be fine, well it seems like I still am not getting the greatest cellular reception but that could just me being overly critical since this phone has been a headache since I got it. The only thing is that I never noticed those kind of problems even with my low end Samsung Phones.

It is surprising how one bad problem (well one bad ongoing problem) may cloud your judgement but it is what it is.

The good news is that Motorola seems to be coming through for me. I had to sit on the phone with customer service for about 30 minutes and an additional 15 minutes to get a resolution but I did get a resolution.

They are offering to upgrade me to the Moto X 1st Gen. I know that this is not a cutting edge phone but I am very pleased. I think that overall this is a substantial upgrade given the specs and I can't be happier.

Of course that happiness is tempered by a little fear in the back of my mind that I might have the same issue with the Moto X but I will do my best to keep a positive outlook on this. The fact that they were so agreeable to upgrade my phone makes me wonder if the issue I am having is kind of a known issue. Then again, that just might be the cynic and maybe they are just a stand up company.

I know that there are some minor differences between the phones but hopefully my new otter box will work well enough that I don't have to replace that too... Here's hoping for the best.
    03-12-2015 03:46 PM