On Sunday March 1st, I bought this phone online, not at a Wind Store or other provider, and I tested the phone before purchase. This includes 2 Sim Cards (One from Rogers Canada, One from Public Mobile) that work on this phone, and the seller said the phone is unlocked. It worked, and I also stopped by a Wind Mobile store after attaining the phone, and the Wind Mobile Sim Card worked. (I was able to call, message, and access the mobile data internet)
    For some reason, on the evening of Monday March 2nd, I noticed there was no reception on the phone and I also noticed I had no reception at school either. I tried to trouble-shoot myself, first; I went to Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks, and I’ve tried changing the Network Mode and Network Operators. I tried taking the battery and Sim Card out; putting it out and putting it back in. I’ve put the Rogers Sim Card and the same problem occurred (no reception) I’ve called customer service, and a level two technician told me to contact you in hopes of fixing this problem. Finally, I did a factory reset and this did not work. I’ve went to two Wind Mobile stores, one at First Markham Place and another at Times Square in Richmond Hill. Both blame the phone. If so, why did it work before?
    Another thing to note is that my old phone, the Nexus 5, I used Wind Mobile with it and it worked perfectly with some out of receptions. I was able to call, message, access mobile data with the Nexus 4 perfectly fine, at school and home.
    I also went to a phone technician at First Markham (not at Wind Mobile), and he said it was unlikely it is the phone’s problem because it didn’t make sense that in Markham, there would be relatively good reception but not at Richmond Hill, Leslie St and Elgin Mills road (I like here).

Another phone technician suggested I try testing if the IMEI was blocked. It wasn't.

What's the problem?
    03-06-2015 03:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The level 2 technician told you to contact Android Central?!? Wow, we must be doing something right.

How did you check the IMEI, and did you do so before or after you lost service? Check again here: Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | Protect Your Data. Protect Yourself.. And just to be sure, check here also: ESN / IMEI / MEID Check (Free) > Swappa
    03-06-2015 06:45 PM
    There are spots known as dead spots. (My daughter's entire house, but not outside the walls, is a dead spot, but only for Sprint. The other carriers, on the same tower, are fine.) Some dead spots can be transient - a truck parks in just the right spot that the destructive interference between the signal you're getting from the tower and the signal you're getting reflected from the side of the truck cancel each other. You move a few feet, or the truck leaves, and your phone works. If you did something, you think that what you did must have fixed it. Verizon had a dead spot where I used to live - on, and within about 1", of a 1 foot diameter circle on the side of a rock cliff. For years. It was about 8 feet off the ground so, although everyone was aware of it, no one cared.

Radio waves are strange beasts - trying to predict what's going to happen is like predicting the weather on a particular day 3 years from now. You have all the information you need, but there's so much of it that there's no way to accurately predict some of it. (Most of the time, if the tower is over your horizon, you won't get a signal. But sometimes you do. Airplanes flying overhead reflect it, boundary layers in the air refract it.) Carriers try to have as few dead spots as possible, but there are always going to be some.

(And don't rely on coverage maps - fairy tales are closer to reality. Sprint's map shows that my daughter's house gets a strong LTE signal - it doesn't even get usable 2G.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-07-2015 06:08 AM