How do I restore kids mode?

A

AC Question

Restore kids mode

Hi,

My kid managed to get to the device while Kids mode (samsung com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000005/16596/225786/SM-G900TZWATMB) was off and deleted it. Then, as far as I understand, he went to Settings/Application manager/Disabled applications/Kids Mode and pushed "Clean data" (or purge, not sure how it's in English) so that "Enable" button is now diabled and I can't reanable it.
This was the only "kids mode" app he never was able to broke away from. Others available on PlayMarket were 'cracked' within couple of hours (no idea how).

So the question - do I understand correctly that this was kind of "embedded" kid mode and I can't download and install it separately?

Can I somehow rollback last update (which contained the Kid mode) and install it again?

Best regards, Eugene.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restore kids mode

Welcome to Android Central! My understanding is that Kids Mode on Samsung devices is something installed along with the system. So if a Samsung device didn't have Kids Mode to begin with, the only way to get it would be as part of a system update pushed over the air by Samsung and/or the carrier.

Sorry for the editorial comment, but to be honest, I wonder if your child should be allowed to use a device if he or she is doing this stuff against your wishes. Have you actually told your kid not to do this?

yevgen bushuyev

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for warm welcome!
So the only thing I can do is to wait till next update and hope it is to restore the kids mode?
And of course I told him, many times, yeah, I guess you know :)

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to the forum
Have you gone to settings, application manager, slide across to Disabled, scrolled down to Kids Mode, tapped it and tried to tap enable yourself? Clean Data should not keep you from being able to enable it again, it only deletes any data that was inside the app.
Once you get it going again my suggestion would be change the lock code to get out of it when it's going and don't give the new lock code to your child. Inquisitive children can wreak havoc on expensive devices by accident or on purpose.
Btw, it's available on the Samsung apps store, called Galaxy apps that is on your phone already.
If none of that works a full factory data restore (aka fdr) will bring it back since your phone will be out of the box restored.

yevgen bushuyev

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

Yes, exactly settings, application manager, slide across to Disabled, scrolled down to Kids Mode, tapped it and the "Enable" button is grayed out.
And I can't find it neither on device nor on samsung.com/ua/apps/mobile/galaxyapps/, are you sure it's should be there?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes, exactly settings, application manager, slide across to Disabled, scrolled down to Kids Mode, tapped it and the "Enable" button is grayed out.
And I can't find it neither on device nor on samsung.com/ua/apps/mobile/galaxyapps/, are you sure it's should be there?
You're not going to find out in your app drawer because it's disabled.
A factory reset would be the next step to attempt.

yevgen bushuyev

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, looks like. But I still going to wait for next update, maybe it will restore kids mode? Meanwhile, I've added unexisting proxy into connection setting so that kid can't download any crap :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463