Why won't my phone detect my wireless printer?

A

AC Question

phone wont detect wireless printer

Cannon pixama printer won't detect on my android device

Jennifer Caldwell

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and I have tried everything! I even set up Google cloud print and it finds the printer then. However, anything I attempt to print just sits in the print que!!! I'm so frustrated because this worked total fine on my iPhone 4s :( The galaxy s6 should be better not worse!

kamee769

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
Re: phone wont detect wireless printer

S8 just updated to Oreo. Have 2 hp printers, hp app only finds one (the much older one, lol). Tried wifi direct too with no results. Never happened before and have had Samsung and hp for years... thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The printer, of course, has to be connected to your router, or, if it's not wifi-capable, to a computer that's connected to the router, and is set to share the printer.

Daryl52

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I was always able to print to either of our printers from my galaxy S7, our canon printer has an auto on function that my phone would activate. My wife has a galaxy S8. Her phone is almost never able to connect with our printers, as it tells her the printers are offline, but we were able to print from my phone.
Just recently my galaxy S7 updated to the Oreo operating system, the same operating system as the galaxy S8. We are now not able to print from either phone.
Any advice will be appreciated.

pappydsp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I was always able to print to either of our printers from my galaxy S7, our canon printer has an auto on function that my phone would activate. My wife has a galaxy S8. Her phone is almost never able to connect with our printers, as it tells her the printers are offline, but we were able to print from my phone.
Just recently my galaxy S7 updated to the Oreo operating system, the same operating system as the galaxy S8. We are now not able to print from either phone.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Same problem here. I have two canon printers on my wifi network, a pixma mx 922 and a MG3600. My S7 only detects the MG3600 when it feels like it. However, when I turn off the wifi and then reconnect, the S7 detects both printers and I'm able to print until the next time. My wifi router is a Verizon Quantum. Has anyone solved this problem beyond disconnecting and re-connecting the wifi network on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool