I just downloaded Waze, when it gives directions the volume is not loud enough. Is there a way to increase the volume without having to root the phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-08-2015 10:00 AM
    Media Volume is all the way up, I assume?
    03-09-2015 12:08 AM
    Media Volume is all the way up, I assume?
    Of course

03-09-2015 06:44 AM
    There may not be a way to boost the volume without root access. I've found that Waze is really quiet. Even on my Nexus 6, which has pretty loud speakers, it's hard to hear when I'm out driving. Check the sound settings in Waze... Maybe those are set low.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-09-2015 07:59 AM
    There may not be a way to boost the volume without root access. I've found that Waze is really quiet. Even on my Nexus 6, which has pretty loud speakers, it's hard to hear when I'm out driving. Check the sound settings in Waze... Maybe those are set low.
    Everything set to maximum. This is very disappointing.

03-09-2015 02:30 PM
    Go to Settings>Language & Input>Text-to-Speech Output. Is it set to Google Text-to-Speech? I assume it is since it's a Nexus 4, but I figured I'd ask, in case you downloaded a separate app. This was a suggestion I saw in a Google product forum.
    03-09-2015 06:18 PM
    Go to Settings>Language & Input>Text-to-Speech Output. Is it set to Google Text-to-Speech? I assume it is since it's a Nexus 4, but I figured I'd ask, in case you downloaded a separate app. This was a suggestion I saw in a Google product forum.
    Yes, everything is set correctly.
    This is the only app with this problem.
    The volume of Google maps is OK

03-10-2015 05:10 AM
    Just checking to see if anyone has discovered a cause/solution. Up until about a week ago, my Nexus 4 was handling Waze fine, with a reasonably adequate volume. Then suddenly, it is so low as to be almost inaudible unless I turn down my radio, which isn't loud to start with. Also noticed that when I try to increase volume with the volume button, the indicator has a Bluetooth symbol, rather than the bell symbol as the start point. I don't know if this has any relevance. I have restarted the phone, and have disabled Bluetooth in case the phone was confused where to send the sounds, but no change.
    05-24-2016 03:56 PM