What do I do?? GS5 Active help?

missmercedesann

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I want to apologize beforehand about this being a bit long! Sorry!!

So here's the deal. I have had the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active since the end of December, with only a few issues that didn't SEEM to be reason enough to take the phone in, since I work constantly and don't exactly get a lot of free time. When I do actually get a moment to spare, unless it's a serious issue, I'd rather not spend that time taking my phone to be inspected.
Unfortunately, one of those issues that seemed minor was that even the slightest of falls (even just dropping my phone on to my mattress) would cause the back to pop off. I never dropped it from any extensive distance, although it did once fall to my floorboard of my car from my lap, and the back came off then, as well.
As life would have it, it fell about six inches to the sink at work the other day and landed in about two inches of water. And although I retrieved the phone quickly, yes, the back cover popped off again, causing water damage to the phone and battery.
The screen almost instantly began to flicker, so I took it apart and left it in rice. The next afternoon, I put back together, and the phone works great, except the menu button (to view active applications) no longer works. At all.
Now, my question is : according to both AT&T and Samsung, water damage voids the warranty. However, as the water damage would not have occurred, were the phone as resilient and durable as advertised, is this worth fighting?
I love the phone. But I don't love having to restart my phone every time it starts running slow, due to so many open apps.
Any opinions and/or advice is very much appreciated! Thank you!