Hi, I have a Galaxy S4 running Kit Kat 4.4.2. I have about 6 GB of music saved on my phone, and my internal storage is almost completely of out of space. I have moved all of my pictures to my internal SD card. I use Google Play Music, and I have been searching all over the internet looking for a way to move my saved music from my internal storage to the SD card. I have tried going to settings and setting my download location to the SD card, but for some reason, that area is grayed out, and I can't move my music from there. Also, if there is a way to move my music, if I download music in the future, will it automatically download to my SD card?

Thanks in advance.
    03-08-2015 09:40 PM
    You have to root, then run NextApp SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD (root). Rename the folder the music is in (something like temp), let the app create a folder on the card and download music to it. Then connect the tab to a Windows computer (so the Linux permissions don't matter) and move the music from temp to the folder the app created. The app will keep downloading to that folder.

(It actually makes sense to do it Google's way if you're comfortable in Linux, but most people aren't, or haven't ever even run it, so they want any app to be able to write to any folder. NextApp kind of does that by changing the permissions in a system file. If you know Linux and xml, you can do it in a text editor. Just give the user everyone all permissions to sd1.)
    03-08-2015 11:47 PM
    For every phone I've ever owned Google play music would always write downloaded music in my SD card

Posted via the Android Central App from my wonderful Alcatel Onetouch Fierce 2
    03-08-2015 11:55 PM
    Hey thanks Rukbat. Any suggestions on how I can root my phone? I've got a Verizon S4, and unfortunately Towelroot won't work on my phone because I downloaded an android update back in December.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2015 03:08 AM