I lost my phone earlier today. Someone turned it off within a few hours, so Im assuming someone has it. As soon as I noticed the phone was off, I changed my google/gmail password.

Id now like to use Android Device Manager to Wipe the phone clear. My question is, will the remote wipe work (whenever the phone is turned on again...) with the password change? Should I revert my google/gmail password back to what it originally was before I do the remote Wipe?
    03-08-2015 09:40 PM
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Another interesting query about aspects of Android Device Manager, for me.

Sorry it was lost, and I can't give a direct answer to your question, but the suck it and see method should work.

Have you logged in to Android Device Manager with your new Google account.
    www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    If so if your device is shown you should be fine.

What I can tell you from experience is that while you may not Locate the device with the Location setting off and obviously currently turned off, you can Lock (with a lock screen "please return" message and an alternative number to call you), or Wipe / Reset which will activate when the phone has a signal.

Let us know if your device is showing on your new account, or if you get it back.
    03-08-2015 10:01 PM
    I have the same scenario. I changed my password, then used the device management. Will it still work? I am worried.
    10-24-2015 09:02 AM
    If you changed your Google account password after losing your phone, and were then able to send a Wipe command remotely using Android Device Manager, yes it should work. The new password was then active. The device follows instructions from your account, it doesn't need to check or obviously have the password re-entered on the device.

Apparently a new security thing with Samsung is if a supposed thief does a factory reset of your device, or you wipe it remotely as you did, they would still need your Samsung account log in to restart it.
    Afaik - I'm still learning about that one.

Report it to your carrier to blacklist it as well.
    10-24-2015 10:19 AM