So I've been using iOS for almost 5 years now so I'm very used to it. I just recently got a Galaxy and there's some things I'm disappointed in because they're not as easy as the iPod:

1- Music: With the iPod touch, you could pause music by double tapping the home button and a pause/play button will pop up instantly. You could also do this on the lock screen or in any app. To pause music on my Galaxy, I have to either go to the app playing it or turn off the screen and pause it from the lock screen.

2- Notifications: Notifications on the iPod touch come up on the lock screen which I really really liked. On the Galaxy they are in the top tab and they're all cluttered and I don't get them as well as I did. Is there any way to get them to show up on the lock screen?

Anyways if I can make my Android life easier with these two features that would be great. Thanks.
    03-08-2015 10:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! For the lockscreen question, try NiLS Lockscreen Notifications.

Most music apps will have a notification widget or lockscreen widget. If you're on the lockscreen, there should be a music widget that allows you to pause it. If you're on a homescreen, swiping down should show you the notification widget.

Which music app are you using?
    03-09-2015 01:15 AM
    Hi there,

Remember, your S4 is not a dedicated music player. It's a phone. Thus, the functions and shortcuts are meant to be optimized for a phone (for example, the double tap on the home button shortcut does not work the same way on an iPod and on an iPhone, even thought they're running the same OS). That being said, the music controls you have available are only available on the lock screen, in the notification bar when there's a music app running (just swipe down on the notification bar and you'll see it), and if I'm not mistaken, you can also control music using voice commands in the S4.

2) That notification style, which I personally don't like, is coming to Android with the Lollipop update. Thankfully for me, it can be turned off, so I'll be doing that as soon as my phone is done updating. In the meantime, there are a handful of 3rd party apps that allow you to have iOS-style popup notifications. As far as lockscreen notifications, just search for those very words on the Play Store; you'll find quite a few options.
    03-09-2015 01:20 AM
    Thanks. Both your answers helped a lot. Another question I have is about music. On my iPod, songs like An Innocent Man by Billy Joel would go under I, but on my Galaxy it goes under A. Also all artists and songs beginning with "The" go under T. Is there any way to fix that?
    03-09-2015 10:54 PM
    That probably depends on the music app. Google Play Music should alphabetize it correctly, without the article.

Great song, by the way.
    Vibrating Wafflez likes this.
    03-10-2015 01:18 AM