I have an S3. I also installed an MP3 downloader a few weeks ago and I'm having the same issue. I just uninstalled it. I am backing up all my stuff and I'm going to reset the phone to factory settings if it happens again.
    Gerri Noack Sr and mojo1444 like this.
    03-10-2015 04:42 PM
    I too have had the annoying pop up ad for a few days. It takes me to the internet browser that came on the phone to the same website. Most times Im not doing nothing and it goes to it. I also, have had a m3 music downloader. I've removed several of apps on my galaxy s3 phone, tried numerous antivirus apps, maleware bytes, air push detector, clearing caches on most apps and internet, deleted history and cookies... nothing has helped, it continues to take me to the preselected screen every couple of hours
    Gerri Noack Sr likes this.
    03-10-2015 10:56 PM
    I have an update for myself. I did not uninstall MP3 Downloader because I've had this product on my other mobile device without issue. I did, however, uninstall the last five applications that I installed prior to my experience with this malware. I uninstalled Life Reminders (Donate), Outlook (which I trust but found inferior to Avast Premium), Mobile Security & Antivirus by ESET (which I found to be inferior to Avast Premium), Antivirus & Mobile Security by Trustlook (which I found to be inferior to Avast Premium), and TextSecure Private Messenger. I suspect Life Reminders and TextSecure. I do not suspect any of the antivirus applications. I uninstalled them only because I elected to make Avast Premium my product of choice.

I uninstalled TextSecure yesterday afternoon and have not had a single malware event since and I believe it may have contributed to the mischief.

I hope this has been helpful. Compare my list with your list of recently installed applications.
    03-11-2015 07:12 AM
    I uninstalled mp3 downloader yesterday and no problems since. I noticed when I used it last it had an "update" and it dropped another icon on my homescreen. The pop ups started after that.
    03-11-2015 08:11 AM
    I have had the same problem but when I ran Malwarebytes it found this program was causing it. Music paradise pro. Author: Official mp3 LLC. Removed and cleaned, ran my avast and advanced system care and have had zero problems since.
    Mary Lee2 and Gerri Noack Sr like this.
    03-11-2015 12:45 PM
    just out of curiosity... did you recently download a mcdonalds app? I just had the same problem and found this forum after doing a search about it. after reading several posts I decided to uninstall the last 2 apps I had downloaded. One of which was a mcdonalds app. (for the life of me I cant remember the other one) But after deleting them both the problem has seized!
    03-11-2015 08:34 PM
    No, I did not download a McDonald's application but I'm glad to read that you were able to rid your phone of the malware.
    03-13-2015 01:33 PM
    Please help! I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 and the last 2 or 3 days I've had this Internet Explorer page pop up from **website removed**. The page looks like a screen shot of a Facebook page. It says I've been selected for a Special deal and has a ticker counting down the time before the deal ends. I can't make it stop popping up. I never click on anything but just close the page out. I checked Facebook and there is no page for this site. My virus protection keeps saying I'm safe but I don't think I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    04-08-2015 07:22 AM
    Had same problem, antivirus wouldn't recognize or find issue. started removing downloaded apps one by one. Once I removed simple mp3 downloader, no more problems.
    04-12-2015 05:33 AM
    Had same issue. Tried antivirus, malware , all that. Didn't work. Started removing downloaded apps one by one. Noticed Simple MP3 music downloader had installed twice. Removed both, haven't had any issues since. Hope this helps
    04-12-2015 05:38 AM
    I'd like to thank all of you who posted to this forum. I've been having the same problem with the pop up ads everyday for the past few weeks. It was driving me crazy and I considered getting rid of my cellphone and buying a new one. I have had the mp3 app for a couple of years so I never even considered that it could be the problem until reading your posts. I then remembered an update to the app around the time this problem started. I uninstalled the mp3 downloader and the problem was solved. Thank you all again, I'm truly grateful.
    05-27-2015 11:25 PM
    I'm having the same thing on my droid mini also when I open text app only the website I get taken to is gift.getfreeonline.somethin
    06-13-2015 04:08 AM
    I had the same message, I believed it to be linked to Facebook since it hasn't happened after I changed my password.
    06-16-2015 07:41 AM
    I have been experiencing this for what seems like months. A facebook popup while I'm in the middle of something...and what really freaks me out is this popup make my phone vibrate...as if someone is calling me. I'm constantly deleting files that have sketchy names, clearing my cache, running a scan with lookout, etc. Nothng. I didn't install mp3 downloader but i did install music paradise pro and star music tag editor. Should I delete these apps?
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-21-2015 01:30 PM
    I have been experiencing this for what seems like months. A facebook popup while I'm in the middle of something...and what really freaks me out is this popup make my phone vibrate...as if someone is calling me. I'm constantly deleting files that have sketchy names, clearing my cache, running a scan with lookout, etc. Nothng. I didn't install mp3 downloader but i did install music paradise pro and star music tag editor. Should I delete these apps?
    What kind of Facebook pop up?
    06-21-2015 01:35 PM
    Well I think the only way to get rid of this junk is to reset and be careful what apps are downloaded again.
    06-21-2015 02:10 PM
    Going to close this thread. Please create a new one if you need help.

Please also note we do not allow discussion about "free mp3 downloads" on AC. Illegal Activity is strictly prohibited.
    07-01-2015 10:47 PM
42 12