I have installed Lollipop on my S5 and am having the worst time. Can I go back to Kit Kat?

A

AC Question

It has horrible lag and has made using some apps to frustrating to use. Can I roll back to kit kat. I had no problems with that platform. Actually, I have not had any issues with any until now. Sorry to say, but Lollipop is awful as it is. It feels like my S5 has gone back to the stone ages. Any help? I am having VERY slow home screen acquisition when swiping to unlock. It takes a few seconds to bring up any app, especially while trying to bring phone, message etc. The screen freezes with the keyboard up for a few seconds when exiting FB mess. Everything is lagged for a few seconds like it is struggling. My phone is getting extremely hot and it seems to be burning through the battery much faster. I do not like the white message and the lock/home screen alerts.

I want to go back to Kit Kat! Please help
Thank you

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe you can go back without rooting......did you try 'wiping partition cache'? I know many others have said that makes a big difference after the update. If really bad, you may need to do a factory reset, as I have heard that does wonders after a big update like Lollipop.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check with the developers at Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums Some phones can go back over a major version number (like 5 to 4), others can't. (It depends on the phone - S5 in your case - and the carrier. Those people have S5s, and have probably tried going back. When you've unbricked a phone 100 times, trying something that might brick it just means that you might lose some time unbricking it, so they try things. [Aside from the new hobby I had last week of bricking my phone trying new ROMs, my GPS wasn't working today, so I ... bricked the phone trying to get it to work. Wasted over 10 minutes. Trust me, the first time it's terrifying. The 10th time it's boring. At least I can come here and answer questions while the phone unbricks.])

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair