How do I clear a Malware issue with Device Provisioner on HTC One M8?

A

AC Question

Morning all and thanks for any help that you can give me on this issue.

My HTC One M8 is running Android version 5.0.1 with HTC Sense 6.0 and Software number 4.16.401.10.

I have AVG Antivirus Free installed and it ran through it's weekly scan last night, coming up with a threat for the first time. It says...

The threat is classified as: Malware

Device Provisioner

Tap "Uninstall" to remove this app.

I have tried the uninstall and it won't uninstall the app, so I have searched online for the problem and have seen that there was an issue back in Nov, Dec '14 and Jan '15 on Nexus 5's and 7's whereby it turned out this was a false positive and could be ignored, but I wondered if this was the same thing and how I can find out?

I have tried uninstalling AVG and re-installing it with the latest version, but that hasn't cleared it, which, by now, I thought it would have if it had been a false positive from several months ago.

Any help on clearing this issue would be greatly apreciated.

Many thanks. Dave.

kimmys29

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have been into a carphone warehouse today with the exact same problem. If you go to settings then apps and scroll across so it's showing 'all' you will find the device provisioner there click on it then force stop it and clear the cache if you then run another scan it should have gone. The lady told me it's possibly a bug in the new update that's conflicting with avg she recommended doing this if it happened again and installed the next update when it comes as it should have bug fixes. This was around 7 hours ago and the device provisioned hasn't restarted itself so fingers crossed!! Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital