Why do I get this message after exiting to Home? (LG G3)

A

AC Question

I traded phones with my mom. She got my Note 3 and I got her LG G3, and I am happier than ever, but since I've been using it, I have been getting this weird error message after going straight to the Home page from the application by clicking on the middle button (O/Home button). The message says ''Unfortunately, Home has stopped''.
And then I can't use the Home page for a couple of seconds, then it appears again and I can go to the app drawer and do everything normally again.

It doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally, but it is very annoying.
It happens to me after exiting Kik and going straight to the home page, but I'm not sure if it's the app that's causing it.
Maybe there is a problem with the device or another application that can be causing it?

Please help, I want to get rid of this problem ASAP.
Thank you.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The 'LG Home' app... which is the launcher that drives your homescreens, might have some corrupted data. Go into Settings-Apps-All.... go find the LG Home app.... I'd look at my wife's G3 for the exact name, but look around. Open the app properties and clear the app data and app cache for that app and that app only.

You will lose your current homescreen configuration (it'll reset your icons placement and widgets,etc back to factory default.... JUST for the launcher though, your apps won't be affected).

That might resolve the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome