Why do my newly-saved android calendar events disappear within minutes?

A

AC Question

I have an HTC One V, which I've had for two years and suddenly today when I try to save events in the calendar they disappear within minutes. I tried saving an event in my Google calendar on my PC and it stayed there, but they disappear if I try to do it in the Android calendar app. What is going on here, and how do I fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain the event you're entering is specifically associated with your Google account calendar, as opposed to your Phone account calendar? If you're sure it's a Google event you're entering, then go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Calendar is checked.

Josema_1990

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC One V, which I've had for two years and suddenly today when I try to save events in the calendar they disappear within minutes. I tried saving an event in my Google calendar on my PC and it stayed there, but they disappear if I try to do it in the Android calendar app. What is going on here, and how do I fix it?

Hello, exactly the same happens to me. I have an Xperia U with Android 2.3, and I get the same symptons. I am sure it is a Google Event (in fact, I don't have a phone account, I can only enter the event in my google account), and I've checked all the settings in both the phone and the Google Calendar in the web.
Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks

jtm584

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Having the same problem with an old Samsung SGH-I897 with 2.2 on it. I enter an appointment on the phone in calendar that is synced with my Google account and within minutes it disappears. Not having the problem with 'My Calendar' entries. When I make entries into my Google account calendar, the changes show up on my phone (not the other way around). All the settings seem to be correct...

Been happening for a few days now - wondered if there was any connection between the phone crashing recently and needing a hard reboot.

pwlebrun

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on Huawei U8652 running Android 2.3.6. All events entered via phone disappear roughly 1 minute later, apparently with the next sync. I can actually watch the event disappear from my calendar. I've entered events of 1-hour duration, all-day duration, and just attempted entering an event using a different time-zone (e.g., London, UK). The calendar posted it, briefly, placing it in my calendar adjusted for the time difference (I set the event for 9am GMT, it appeared on my calendar at 5am EDT). It disappeared like all the others.
An event I entered yesterday morning for next March 15 (2016), I see, is also missing -- so this problem existed, at least for me, as early as yesterday. Upcoming events in the coming months that were entered weeks ago still appear properly. It is only events entered today or yesterday that have disappeared.
Events I enter via Google Calendar on my laptop appear just fine, and persist -- they haven't disappeared. Only those entered via my phone vanish.

pwlebrun

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I posted a comment below on my experience with this problem, but your suggestion gave me an idea to test. I entered two events for this coming Sunday: one event at 10:00am on my phone account's calendar, and one at 11:00am on my Google account calendar. The 10am event on my phone account's calendar persists; the event entered on the Google account calendar disappears within 1 or 2 minutes (presumably with the next sync).
Does this info help?

pwlebrun

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain the event you're entering is specifically associated with your Google account calendar, as opposed to your Phone account calendar? If you're sure it's a Google event you're entering, then go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Calendar is checked.

I posted a comment above on my experience with this problem, but your suggestion gave me an idea to test. I entered two events for this coming Sunday: one event at 10:00am on my phone account's calendar, and one at 11:00am on my Google account calendar. The 10am event created via my phone account's calendar persists; the event entered on the Google account calendar disappears within 1 or 2 minutes of its creation (presumably with the next sync).
Does this info help?
Oh, and I did check that Calendar is checked in my account sync settings. Indeed, that seems indirectly to be part of the problem: it appears that when the phone syncs with our Google account, if the event is not already present on our calendar (e.g., created via laptop), when the phone syncs with our Google account, the event created via the phone is deleted. Or, in other words, syncing only goes in one direction: you can add events via computer that will then appear on the calendar on your phone, but you cannot create events on your phone that will be then be added to the account's calendar. Once the phone syncs with your Google account, any new events created via phone are deleted, overwritten by the account's calendar as it stands at that moment.
Sorry if this is unclear. I hope it helps.

fagath

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. Samsung Ace 2 with android 2.3.6
Some results of my testing:
Disabling calendar sync allows new events to stay in the calendar, when enabling sync these new events disappear.
Tried deleting all data from calendar applications and calendar save location, resyncing, no-luck.
I also tried s-planner, google calendar and acalendar as well. Same behaviour.
All these started approx 48 hours ago, I guess it has to do with some server-side problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So far, the common thread seems to be with older Android versions. I wonder if something happened with the most recent Google Play Services that is messing things up for older Android versions.

ritchy71x

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Same here on my Android Sony Tablet S. Been happening for the last 4 days. But when I go through the Google Calendar web site, everything sticks and stays. **** only happens with events created ON the basic Android Calendar app, dissapear after a few mitutes or when I refresh or sync.
What is this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone here using the stock preinstalled Calendar app on their devices, or the official Google Calendar app? If you're using the former, can you try installing the official Google Calendar app?

walterjost

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I have both an older phone ( LG Optimus Slider ) and and older Android System ... android 2.3.4, and am experiencing the very same problem discussed here.

I went to Play Store and looked up Google Calendar; my system is not compatible with the current version of the calendar.

Gucker

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same Problem. Android 2.3.4 here.

Newly created events disappear from synchronized calendars within minutes. At least until Monday this week (3-9) the synchronization did work.

Its doesn't matter which app I use (official Google Calendar or Business Calendar), the newly created events disappear.
Events created on PC do appear on the Phone directly after and stay there.

It seems the synchronization is one-way now for older Android versions.

RubikCube

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here on Star U658 running Android 4.2.2.

All events entered on android device since Monday 9th March are deleted when attempting to sync to google. Events entered on Sunday and prior remain even if they are still in the future.

New contacts entered are still staying and syncing correctly. Only calendar events are affected.

Data on device as at 8th March is 185 contacts and 1094 calendar events.

Temporary workaround is to turn off sync. Considering restoring all events to a local calendar. Looking for a better solution.

walterjost

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
The problem may be resolved. Yahoo. ( Oh pardon me ... )

It's about 6:45 CDT; I have successfully, just recently, using my phone, added new items to my calendar and seen them synch to the Google calendar on my PC and, more importantly perhaps, remain on my phone's calenar. I noted above I have both an older phone ( LG Optimus Slider ) and and older Android System ... android 2.3.4, and had had the problem discussed here.