i dropped my phone pretty bad and i really need to get my contacts from it. The phone turns on but the screen doesn't turn on. How can i get my contacts?
    03-11-2015 08:24 PM
    Are you replacing it with a similar device, or are you upgrading? If it's an android and you've been saving contacts as Google contacts then you'll just need to sync your contacts once logged in on the new device. Note it can take up to 24 hours for contacts to fully sync. I don't know why, but they should warn people and they don't. I've answered that question about 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Anyway, if the contacts were saved to SIM they should transfer when you transfer the SIM to the new device, unless they are giving you a new SIM which is possible but not a common practice as long as the new and old device are similar. I don't even think it's possible to save contacts to the phones anymore... Looking at my list of available contacts I can display in the "People" app it looks like if I tried to make a contact it would either be saved to an account or to the SIM.

It is possible that some contacts were not sync'd before the drop, so you may want to turn it on and leave it on overnight since that is usually the time most of us choose to allow syncing, I believe it is often the default as well.

If the screen isn't working I don't want to say you don't have any options but your options are severely limited... There is a chance that the LED is broken and not displaying any content but your digitizer is still working. That is the glass on the face of the phone. If you haven't programmed a lock code you can try to turn on the device and connect to a PC and just as you would if you could see what was on the screen swipe up to get to your home screen. Your PC will tell you if you're connected. Maybe that will give you a few more ideas if you know your screen layouts...?
    03-11-2015 09:45 PM