Why are my calendar events disappearing upon sync?

A

AC Question

I've had a Galaxy S Blaze for 2.5 years, and use the stock Calendar app on Ice Cream Sandwich. Within the past few days my newly created calendar events have started disappearing on my phone. If I create a new event on the phone on my calendar associated with my Google account, the event displays but it disappears almost immediately (on the next sync).

I can create events on my PC on my Google Calendar and those are fine. This is frustrating because I can no longer use my phone. I've verified my calendar and account settings, tried disabling/reenabling sync on the phone, even cleared my calendar data and resynced, and the problem still occurs.

Please help!

jtcrisp

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Fix is to install Google Calendar. This must update the underlying sync service so it is works again. Found answer on a google calendar issue discussion. Shame on google for not fixing this quickly or giving some sort of explanatory message.

Elsie1234

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't solve anything.
Look at the Google Calendar Android App Forum on Google.com for more info.
Multiple reports of this issue with different variants for different OS versions & app versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781