I am in a situation where I need to upgrade my phone right now. I have narrowed my options to the Droid MAXX and the Droid Moto X (I know there are better options out there, but I don't want to spend too much--I keep getting burned by forking out the big bucks only to see other people with cheaper phones who are just as happy).

Anyway, my concern is that I have been happy with every Droid phone I have ever had...until the next OS comes out. Once a new OS arrives, it seems that my battery life and performance both tank. It seems like you have to get a phone that is designed for the most recent OS in order to get good performance.

This is the only reason I am even considering the Moto X over the MAXX since it appears the 2nd Gen Moto X currently available was designed for Lollipop (the Verizon site indicates Lollipop as the OS for Moto X and Kit Kat for the MAXX).

I LOVE what I have seen regarding battery life for the MAXX. Battery life is one of the most important things for me (of course, I still want to it work well, too). However, what are your opinions on what will happen to batter life and performance of MAXX after the Lollipop "upgrade" eventually comes? Will it drop? If so, will it still be better than what I can expect from a 2nd Gen Moto X?
    03-12-2015 10:34 AM