I was reading that some people who have received the Lollipop updates to their phones experienced some issues so they do a factory reset and all is fine afterwards. Wouldn't doing the factory reset put the phone back to whatever version of android was on the phone at the date of purchase? I understand that the factory reset would clear out the system cache and all that but wouldn't you then wind up having to download and reinstall the OS update?

So wouldnt the better procedure be, factory wipe the phone, then install the update?
    03-12-2015 11:09 AM
    I was reading that some people who have received the Lollipop updates to their phones experienced some issues so they do a factory reset and all is fine afterwards. Wouldn't doing the factory reset put the phone back to whatever version of android was on the phone at the date of purchase? I understand that the factory reset would clear out the system cache and all that but wouldn't you then wind up having to download and reinstall the OS update?

So wouldnt the better procedure be, factory wipe the phone, then install the update?
    When you download and install an update,and afterwards if you decide to do a factory reset.Lollipop for example .That will not remove the Lollipop update.The factory reset will just cause you have to set everything back up, like you had to do when the phone was new out of the box.
    So the OS would still be the Lollipop update even after the factory wipe.
    03-12-2015 11:19 AM
    Learn something new every day. Thanks
    03-12-2015 12:42 PM
    No, but I heard you can take it to a Best Buy with the Samsung reps and they can do it. Hope this helps
    04-29-2015 06:10 PM
    No, but I heard you can take it to a Best Buy with the Samsung reps and they can do it. Hope this helps
    Do what? A factory reset? Anyone can do that themselves. Restore the previous ROM? If it's a Samsung phone, and if it's restoring to an earlier minor version of the ROM (IOW, 5.0.2 to 5.0.1), not a major version (like 5 to 4) or it's not an AT&&T or Verizon phone, yes. Otherwise I think it won't work (I won't risk my phone to find out).
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-29-2015 06:48 PM
    Do what? A factory reset? Anyone can do that themselves. Restore the previous ROM? If it's a Samsung phone, and if it's restoring to an earlier minor version of the ROM (IOW, 5.0.2 to 5.0.1), not a major version (like 5 to 4) or it's not an AT&&T or Verizon phone, yes. Otherwise I think it won't work (I won't risk my phone to find out).
    03-29-2016 05:28 PM
    I think what he meant was, that the OP could take to Samsung desk, and have them flash a previous version of the Android Sytem. Basically removing lollipop. I know the Samsung techs at Best Buy are usually very helpful, but I'm not sure they can do that!
    03-29-2016 07:28 PM