LG Keyboard has stopped working?

A

AC Question

Okay, so my phone keeps popping up the same message "unfortunately, LG keyboard has stopped working" and I can't text or anything! I have an LG Volt phone. I looked at the other answers and changed it to the Android keyboard and now I can finally type, but as a teen girl, I need one more thing... I can't get emojis on this Android keyboard! I can't download an app because of my storage space. And why wasn't the LG Keyboard working in the first place? I was so frustrated it brought me to tears! Is there any way I can fix the LG Keyboard? Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select LG Keyboard, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try it again. If that doesn't help, then try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

soldierofthegate

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
thanks man i thought i had a virus on my phone because three of my friends to a look at it and they all said it was a virus then i seen your post and tried nit then tried my keyboard one more time before i thought i'de have to reset my phone and it worked you are a awesome person for posting that for people who also have that problem thanks