How can I set up a swipe photo gallery lock for a child with special needs (I hate to say it) like the iPad?

A

AC Question

Swipe photo gallery with child (special needs) lock like (I hate to say it) the ipad

Hi
We have a severely disabled boy who loves a friends ipad:
The ipad has the ability to have a swipeable photo gallery of your choice on screen with a (I believe) 3 tap lock on.

This means our boy can pick up the ipad, turn it over (he can't really swipe), and see an effect (e.g. a different picture - albeit accidentally). This cause and effect is very important (as opposed to an automatic photo slider/fader). Yet he can't get out of the photo gallery because it's locked as he can't tap 3 times.

We love android!

Can this be done on an android tablet? PLEASE! :]

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Swipe photo gallery with child (special needs) lock like (I hate to say it) the ipad

I haven't seen anything that may fit with what you are looking for. However, will keep an eye out and be sure to post it here for your reference.

pils

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Swipe photo gallery with child (special needs) lock like (I hate to say it) the ipad

Thank you

:]

I'm surprised no one has done it. I'm almost at the stage of doing it myself.

Thanks again :)

pils

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

damn that's nice though, possibly, over complicated for my boy. It is literally the ability to have a swipe gallery within an app that's locked double/treble tap to unlock) to prevent jumping back to the main galleries or other apps/interface.

I'll keep looking.

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci