On my Samsung GS5, why aren't incoming mms picture messages showing?

A

AC Question

Samsung GS5 - Incoming mms pictures messages not showing

As of this morning I started getting these really weird messages in a group text. Group text consists of apple and android users.

This is what I get when someone in my group text sends an individual picture (no text).

--Nokia-mm-messageHandler-BoUnDaRy-=_-396604176 Content-Id: 0.smil Content-Type: application/smil;Name="123_1.smil" Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64 PHNtaWw+CjxoZWFkPgo8bGF5b3V0PgogPHJvb3QtbGF5b3V0Lz4KPHJlZ2lvbiBpZD0iVGV4dCIg dG9wPSI3MCUiIGxlZnQ9IjAlIiBoZWlnaHQ9IjMwJSIgd2lkdGg9IjEwMCUiIGZpdD0ic2Nyb2xs Ii8+CjxyZWdpb24gaWQ9IkltYWdlIiB0b3A9IjAlIiBsZWZ0PSIwJSIgaGVpZ2h0PSI3MCUiIHdp ZHRoPSIxMDAlIiBmaXQ9Im1lZXQiLz4KPC9sYXlvdXQ+CjwvaGVhZD4KPGJvZHk+CjxwYXIgZHVy PSIxMHMiPgo8dGV4dCBzcmM9InRleHRfMC50eHQiIHJlZ2lvbj0iVGV4dCIvPgo8L3Bhcj4KPC9i b2R5Pgo8L3NtaWw+Cg== --Nokia-mm-messageHandler-BoUnDaRy-=_-396604176 Content-Id: 0 Content-Type: text/plain;Charset="US-ASCII";Name="text_0.txt" Content-Disposition: Attachment; Filename=text_0.txt; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Location: text_0.txt Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64 SXQncyBjb29rZXJzIGJ0dw== --Nokia-mm-messageHandler-BoUnDaRy-=_-396604176--

When I get a picture with text, I'm able to view the text message fine. Has anyone been experiencing this? One of the users in my group text has a Samsung note and he is getting the same thing. I checked an apple an support forum and there are a couple of people that are getting this as well with apple.

Jared Pittman

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung GS5 - Incoming mms pictures messages not showing

This is happening to me as well. It looks like it's cross platform:
discussions(dot)apple(dot)com/thread/6873766

I'm on a Galaxy S4 on T-mobile. Any similarities?

JLHilliard

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Same here.... I'm using the Galaxy Note Edge on T-Mobile's network. I'm receiving the weird HTML / XML messages in group threads with both Apple and Android users. They are on AT&T's network.

smartinez7

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I posted this question...but yes I am on T-Mobile, GS5. My friend has Verizon/Samsung Note and he is receiving the same mms messages.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys, I'm using an LG G3, texting an iPhone5. I'm getting the same problem... Happened twice now, earlier with just a picture of creme pies and a few minutes ago with just a plain text. Been hopping forums but no one has a clear solution?

smartinez7

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Everyone on this thread, when you get a picture from some else, can you ask or do you know if the other users sending picture mms are on ATT platform?

jvannaraj

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I been getting this too since noon. T-Mobile Galaxy S5. It happens almost every other message. Only in my group texts though. must be an MMS problem. All my friends can see my group texts, but their's come in in html form every other text or so. They all have different carriers, androids, and iphones. I thought my phone was getting hacked or tapped.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I also have this issue on my Gnote4. I've looked around and it seems to be a TMobile problem.

Mako Estate

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

I'm getting the same thing with my S5 T-mobile network. Specifically happening in group threads.

Any solutions yet?

therewillbeblood

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

I'm on Tmobile network using a Note 4, I am I'm a group discussion with iPhone users that are on both ATT and Verizon carries.

Lolakaz

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

Also having this issue. T mobile Samsung GS5, group mms with iPhone users...

Jenni Rosko

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on tmobile with same issues. I called and they have a message that they're facing texting issues. They tried troubleshooting but no luck. Hopefully will clear up soon.

Franny M

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

My husband & I are having the same problem as well. He has the Samsung Note and myself, a Galaxy 5.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I dont know what it is, i spent yesterday researching and it seems like a bug for multi-platform texting... I wanna say its just because apple and android dont get along, hence everything else has been ruled out and it just happens randomly, unprovoked.

howlingwolf77

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

It appears there was an inter carrier issue with group messaging. I just tested with some of my family(mix of T-mobile and AT&T). The pictures are coming fine along with texts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs