Hi, my Android phone just went through an update (I think) and everything on it was deleted, all my contacts, emails, chats, photos, everything. can you help me please. If not, can you suggest someone to contact? Thank you
    03-14-2015 06:45 PM
    If it was updated by the carrier, contact the carrier. If it was updated by the manufacturer, contact the manufacturer. If it was updated by Google (a Nexus), contact Google.

In any event, if you want your chats and photos back (Google contacts and all emails are saved on the server), don't use the phone until they tell you how to recover the files.

(If they were on the external SD card, just mount it in a card reader, plug the card reader into a PC (Linux, Mac or Windows) and download PhotoRec to the PC. Read the step by step at the site and, if you still can't figure it out, create a new account here and PM me and I'll take you through it. I just did that for someone last week (which means that I'm going to write another guide, complete with pictures - I get tired of writing the same instructions more than once).
    03-14-2015 07:16 PM