My A3 Duos is less than a week old. I have charged it fully several times but yesterday the battery completely died whilst in Ultra Power Saving mode. I plugged it into the wall, (via a surge protector - which I've been using since I got it), directly into the wall, my computer, and my computer with a new cable.
    It gives no sign of life whatsoever. Not a beep.
    Any thoughts?
    03-14-2015 10:05 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. Have you tried a different cable?
    03-14-2015 10:33 PM
    My A3 Duos is less than a week old. I have charged it fully several times but yesterday the battery completely died whilst in Ultra Power Saving mode. I plugged it into the wall, (via a surge protector - which I've been using since I got it), directly into the wall, my computer, and my computer with a new cable.
    It gives no sign of life whatsoever. Not a beep.
    Any thoughts?

Please note that I did use a different cable. And the first one I used was only used a few times through a surge protector.
    03-14-2015 10:44 PM
    If the battery completely dies, as opposed to showing near 0%, then shutting the phone off, the battery inside the package is no longer connected to the terminals on the outside of the package, so the battery has to be replaced. (Charging a totally discharged lithium battery could cause an explosion, which is why, at some very small charge, the last thing the battery does is sever its connection to the outside world.)

Since it's still under warranty, I'd just bring it back and say "It doesn't work", and let them discover that it needs a new battery - which they should replace. (Normally the battery isn't covered by the warranty, but if you're in the US, you have 15 days to cancel your account, then they have to take the phone back - and they'd rather eat the cost of a battery (about $10 retail, so probably $5 or less their cost) than eat the difference between a new phone and a refurb - and lose you as a customer.)
    03-14-2015 11:13 PM