How can I get my apps on my sd card without rooting my phone and tablet?

A

AC Question

Is there a kitkat upgrade that allows apps to store on the external sd card rather than the internal memory?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your phone. Some phones do allow this, some don't. Furthermore, even if your phone allows it, not all app data can be installed onto the SD card, and it's really up to the app's dev to decide just how much it allows.

The 'main' app data (the main program file, if you will), HAS to be in the internal memory. Period. External downloads, additional data, game saves, file saves, etc., can be stored in SD card if the phone is capable of doing so. But still, it depends on the app's dev to implement this, so if the app is not optimized for SD card storage, it might not let you move anything to the SD card even if your phone does have the capability.

You can root and hack your phone to make your system 'think' that the SD card is just more internal memory, but that's something I haven't dabbled in, so couldn't really guide you on how to do that (but plenty of guides online out there :) )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane