Hi my name is tayshaun and I'm new to the community and I was wondering what the heck is going on with my nexus 5 phone screen. Just a few weeks back I had my screen completely replaced because My screen was cracked and since then it was working fine until today when I downloaded the newest update lollipop 5.1. for the first couple of hours my phone was working fine until I put my phone in my pocket and took it out and maybe an hour later and my screen was completely black with one white line going down the left side of the screen, not to mention I have case for the phone so I couldn't have damage the LCD display or digitizer, I'm just confused right now. I'm not sure if it was a mistake made the person who repaired my phone, or if it was the update or if I might have a virus all I know is I couldn't have possibly done anything to damage my screen because it still is in great condition. So please if someone has any answers or similar issues after the update please let me know for assurance. Thank you!
    03-18-2015 03:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Press and hold Power for 10-15 seconds to force a power off. Then try powering back on again. If the same thing happens, then either the screen failed again, or worse yet, the motherboard. I doubt it has anything to do with the 5.1 update.
    03-21-2015 11:22 PM
    This same problem occurred to my Nexus 5 4 hours after upgrade to Android 6. Its definitely because of the update. I'm unable to find any solution for this. I'm running stock android. No root. Nothing Custom. Please help.
    11-04-2015 11:13 PM