I woke up yesterday and had no network reception. Figured it was a problem with my provider. After troubleshooting realised my phone was just not reading sim cards inserted. Since yesterday my phone:

Keeps restarting.
    Having to send error reports to HTC (abnormal reset).
    Earphones just playing from speaker when inserted.

What can I do to fix the issue?
    03-19-2015 07:12 AM
    Before going any further, has the phone ever got wet, so far as you know? Or can you think of any plausible reason for these faults that have appeared out of nowhere?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2015 07:41 AM
    It was me that posted original question. I'm extremely careful with my phones and always have been so although I understand you can never 100% say its not liquid damaged, I would be confident in putting money on that it is not!

Yes I have been having problems, minor ones ever since I updated to the latest sofware such as:

When media plays from youtube im left with an image of video on my lock screen until I turn phone off.

Webpages not opening from external links.

Copy and Cut (Paste) not always working.

Messenger freezes for 2 seconds after I send message.

I updated about one month ago
    03-19-2015 08:39 AM
    Also I cant connect to HTC syn Manager to backup files on my computer "Device Unavailable, please reconnect"
    03-19-2015 09:38 AM
    I tried to hard rest from my phone. Nothing changed. Just deleted what was on my memory card. Definitley feels like a factory reset was NOT performed?
    03-19-2015 10:11 AM
    I factory restored device. Didn't fix the problem.
    03-19-2015 12:52 PM
    1) The update could have been faulty. You could ask the carrier to please reflash the update.

2) If the phone is out in the cold long enough to get down around 0F or less inside, then brought into a warm house, the condensation causes the same water damage as dropping the phone into clean water - not as bad as mud or ocean water, but still water damage. Using the phone while it's still wet can lead to its eventual total failure.
    Andrew Lynch likes this.
    03-19-2015 08:34 PM
    I asked about possible water damage because if the phone was bought used, that's an unknown quantity. But if you bought new, it's less likely.
    In addition to Rukbat's advice, which I think is much more likely to be fruitful, have you tried a new SIM, and also using the device with the SD card unmounted and removed?
    03-20-2015 05:58 PM