I am with Verzion and I and thinking about going with TMobile because there prices are much lower than Verzion. I have a Verzion Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and I was wondering if I could use my phone with that service?...

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2015 01:03 PM
    Coverage then price, always. All Verizon newer phones come unlocked.
    03-19-2015 01:07 PM
    According to this your Note 4 will work on T-Mobile:

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Of course, you have to be out of contract or pay the ETF. You don't want Verizon to blacklist your Note's IMEI number, and they will.

For T-Mobile to pay the ETF, you have to trade in a phone - any phone. You can trade in one that's sitting in a drawer and keep the Note.

As for T-Mobile service, as with any provider check their coverage map first. Coverage in my area is very good. I've been with T-Mobile over 17 years and am very satisfied. Always good prices, good customer service and technologically advanced. I have zero inclination to switch providers. Several satisfied family members and friends also, some when have been with T-Mobile nearly as long as me.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    03-19-2015 02:12 PM
    I have Verzion service but, I decided to buy my phone on time, with no contract.. Thank you so much for your input jerry

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2015 02:27 PM
    Forget the coverage map - I've seen fairy tales that are closer to reality. Check out the places you need coverage. According to Sprint's map, they cover my daughter's house like a blanket. According to my phone, there's not a drop of Sprint signal in the house. It's a small coverage hole, just one house, but it happens to be the one my daughter lives in, so I need coverage there, so Sprint is useless to me, even if the service (or lack of service) was free. AT&T, OTOH, has a HUGE hole over to the west of the city. But I'm never there, so I don't care.

You can probably try TMobile's service and cancel within about 2 weeks with no penalty except paying for the service you used. So if you find holes you can't accept, just cancel. If you find that TMobile gives you solid coverage where you need it (and remember, a hole can be as small as a 1 foot diameter circle, so check at your desk, not down the hall), ask TMobile to port your number to your existing TMobile account. (Porting out cancels the account the number came from. You'll get a final bill from Verizon, and probably a few calls or emails asking what they can do to get you back as a customer.)
    Crashdamage likes this.
    03-19-2015 02:41 PM
    Yeah, coverage maps can be pretty comical.

T-Mobile has their Test Drive program:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=x7BmLWz-

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    03-19-2015 03:25 PM