Which models of Samsung Note 4 and Note Edge have Tmobile LTE bands?

A

AC Question

Since the best prices for both phones are from online sellers and not through Tmobile, I would like to know that the model I'm getting has the right bands for Tmobile. Some of the sites have conflicting information, so I'm not exactly sure what sites to trust.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The F, the European model, is the easiest to get, it has an unlocked bootloader (unlike the A and the V) and it will work on TMobile or AT&T (or Verizon). Just make sure it's SIM-unlocked (or what's called "factory unlocked"). Of course the T will work. (And the W8 will work.)

culda1984

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
The F, the European model, is the easiest to get, it has an unlocked bootloader (unlike the A and the V) and it will work on TMobile or AT&T (or Verizon). Just make sure it's SIM-unlocked (or what's called "factory unlocked"). Of course the T will work. (And the W8 will work.)

Thank you for the information. Also how reliable is the site posted by Crashdamage? According to it, almost all models work with Tmobile except for maybe 2 or 3. I'm new to the technical world, so what does unlocked bootloader mean?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also how reliable is the site posted by Crashdamage?
For the 3 or 4 carriers I checked, they're accurate, even to future expansion plans. As far as I know, AT&T is using a single band all over the country, but they're listing the ones AT&T plans to expand to, so you'll know whether the phone will continue to work in the future.

I'm new to the technical world, so what does unlocked bootloader mean?
It means you can put in a custom ROM, an custom kernel, a custom recovery - you have control over your phone, the carrier doesn't. A locked bootloader is like a desktop that can only use WD hard drives and Radeon graphics cards. Or a car that can only use BP gas. You're getting half a phone. (I'm not new to the technical world, I've been in it for ... well, I took my first radio apart in about 1949 [couldn't get it back together without help, but it was a start], and I still bought an AT&T phone with a locked bootloader. AT&T wouldn't recognize it now, except for the logo on the case, but I still can't do everything I want to it.)