I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon with rooted lollipop. A little over a week ago I started having some battery drainage issues. Yesterday I chewed up almost 60% of the battery through only light use - unplugged from midnight through about 5 a.m. while I was asleep, an alarm clock, a handful of short phone calls, checking my email periodically, and some minor app use.

I have used Gemini App Manager to disable most of the Verizon bloatware and the more commonly disabled Google stuff.

From what I can see from GSAM Battery Monitor's reports, the biggest users of the battery seems to be the Android system and kernel.

What can I do here? I'm at a loss that's why my battery is draining so fast.

03-19-2015 10:26 PM
    In the time it took me to take those basic screenshots and post this thread, the battery life has dropped nearly 5%.
    03-19-2015 10:30 PM
    I JUST posted a similar question in the S5 forum! It's just the last couple of days that my phone has been doing this - gets super hot, drains really fast. It occasionally drains faster than it can charge! I have no idea what is going on.. I'm on Verizon too..
    03-19-2015 10:52 PM
    Haha, perhaps I should have posted this thread in the s5 form. I have no idea if my phone gets hot or not because I have it encased in an OtterBox. Perhaps tomorrow I'll take it out of the case and see if the phone gets hot suddenly. A bit of research shows me that we are not alone in having this problem.

On another forum some people reported that the service "Samsung Link Platform" is a possible cause of battery drain, so I just disabled that service.
    03-19-2015 10:55 PM