Anyone tried Android Auto with latest Honda Civic/Accord?

A

AC Question

Just wondering, since Honda EX models come with a 7 inch Touch Screen and Honda already demoed this, did anyone try this? I don't have a phone with lollipop in it, wondering if anyone else tried this out..

TR6JAY

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a 2015 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan. There is no Android Auto support at all! My 2014 Moto X 2nd generation with Lollipop Android 5.0 is not recognized by the car or the Android Auto app although the other phone functions are working just fine. There is no support by Google or Honda, it has been a complete dead end and any current info is nonexistent on the Internet . There is a YouTube poster of 3 videos of his failures to get the app working.

I even have a 2014 Honda Civic EX purchased 6 months ago and it doesn't work either.

Any input from anyone is welcomed. Why did Honda and Google make a 2014 Civic prototype if it had no intentions of release? HondaLink is a piece of ****, the Next Generation is still ****!
I even emailed google's Android Auto VP Mr Brenner and Honda and got no responses. ;(

pr0t0

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a 2015 Honda Civic EX over the summer. Neither MirrorLink nor Android Auto work. It's a great little car, but I cannot recommend purchasing it due to these continued problems. Honda does not appear to be interested in providing a screen in their vehicles to which you can mirror your phone now, or anytime in the future.

This is a simple business decision they've made. A dumb panel for mirroring is useless if the owner has no intention of connecting a smart phone. So the manufacturer has to provide some default controls. The manufacturers have proven to be fairly inept at how/when to give control of the panel to the phone vs. the car, or how to secure it if they do. The latter part of that is particularly problematic since they also seem to want to tie every critical system of the vehicle to that panel is well.

If having Android car apps easily and safely accessible to you is important to you, I'd stay well-away from any Honda vehicle until they change their mind about the direction they are heading with this. It's a short-sighted, top-down failure of leadership from my perspective.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol