Droid Razr M gets stuck in reboot loop when plugged in to charge?

jkl113

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Droid Razr M for a couple years now, and haven't had a single problem until today.

First, I plugged the phone in to charge and it rebooted. It loaded the battery charging screen that you get if you plug your phone in while it's turned off. The battery was still charging, but I couldn't do anything with the phone unless I unplugged it and rebooted.

Now, a few hours later, when I plug it in it reboots and gets stuck in a constant reboot loop. It loads the "M" screen that you see when you first turn the phone on, then crashes and reboots again, over and over.

I've tried different chargers and different outlets. If I plug it into my computer it will boot up, but does not charge (I don't think it ever did on the computer), which is the main issue. The phone works fine when it is not plugged in, but will not charge.

I've tried freeing up more memory and booting in safe mode and still had the same problem. I tried to clear cache partition using the instructions on Motorola's website, but got stuck on the "Android in Distress" logo and could not get any further. I manually cleared the cache on all apps and that did not work. I contacted Motorola but they want me to pay $150 to send it to their repair center - no way!

Any ideas? The only remaining thing I can think to do would be a factory reset, and I really don't want to do that unless I'm certain it will work!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The behavior you describe makes me think the problem lies with the microUSB port, so I doubt a factory reset would help.

jkl113

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to fix or replace it? Other than getting a new phone, of course.

Unless there's some sneaky magical way to charge the phone without using the microUSB . . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1