On my Moto G EXT, the built-in clock app no longer displays the digital time on the home screen. Only the widget shows. How can I restore the digital display to the home screen?
    03-21-2015 11:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean the time display in the status bar at the upper right? Any clock that shows on the homescreen will be a widget (or a live wallpaper, but that would be a 3rd party app).
    03-22-2015 01:43 AM
    I also have a Moto G (not EXT), and since I've had it, the clock app (not the time in the status bar) had ALWAYS displayed the time (I had it displaying as digital not analog).

UNTIL YESTERDAY.

I had been having problems with the voice dial feature ever since the OS updated last fall. Yesterday, a customer service tech for my cellular company determined that the problem required me to do a master reset, assuring me everything would be as it was after the reset finished, and that it would automatically reinstall my apps, my address book, and backed-up photos. (Well, goodbye photos!)

And now, my clock app ONLY appears as an icon.

And then I discovered I only dragged the APP onto the home screen.

Click on the APPS button, and then click on WIDGETS tab. Scroll until you find the widget for the analog or the digital clock.

- Bob
    02-26-2016 05:53 AM