I want to do a factory reset but i dont no if it will not work any more with metro pcs or if i have to set it up again if if it will does anyone now how i can do a reset and still keep my carrier and activation
    03-21-2015 11:13 PM
    Your carrier and activation is bound to permanent IDs on your phone (IMEI code) and on the SIM card you have inserted. A factory reset (from the phone) only flushes out all your user data, bringing your phone back to the state it was when you first turned it on.

Even if you reloaded the factory software using an external tool (varies by phone), those IDs are all permanent and aren't affected by flashing the factory image (which is designed for your phone's model). Your phone's IMEI is a hardware code that is unique to your phone and never changes.... same goes for the serial on the SIM.

When you activated your phone, you are registering those hard-coded IDs with your carrier... you only have to do that once, unless you change the SIM card, of course.
    03-21-2015 11:32 PM
    You will have to put in all your information again - email accounts, Google account, the name of the phone if you did that, all your apps. You'll lose all the pictures, videos, music, documents, etc., that are stored in internal storage. The apps that came with the phone will still be there. So if there's anything on the phone that's important, read Backing up an Android Phone first.
    03-22-2015 12:18 AM