I was hoping to get some help. My daughter (14) has a cheap smartphone (zte). I check her phone from time to time and noticed today she has a nude photo in her photos. The gallery in her phone had 2 folders. One says camera (which is the only folder I've ever seen there. But the photo in question was in a folder called "phone".
    My question is... What does the "phone" folder mean? I know she wouldn't have made a new folder for this because she knows I check her phone. Could it have automatically saved to that folder for any reason? Because it was texted or something?
    Tia.
    A very concerned mother.
    03-22-2015 09:17 AM
    Some app created the folder and saved a picture in it - whether that was done by an app your daughter downloaded, a virus or something else is impossible to tell. Since it has a picture in it, it shows up in Gallery. (Gallery displays all pictures and videos on the phone that aren't either hidden or in hidden or non-scannable folders. [A web browser, for instance, caches a lot of pictures, but it makes its cache folder non-scannable, so you don't see 500 pictures of arrows, dots, etc.])

So it could have been something your daughter did deliberately and thought she could hide, it could be something she did without realizing it and it could be something she had nothing to do with. If she were mine, I'd ask if she knew where the picture came from and if she seemed to not know, just delete it. (Unless it's a picture or her - then, I guess, she's in big trouble.)

BTW, the names of the folders don't actually mean anything, except to the app that creates them or the person who does. Pictures, HiddenFiles and skjasdkj are all the same to a computer.
    03-22-2015 03:48 PM