Is the Samsung Pro the best tablet to buy, an for the money?

RyanRC

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello all

I bought my first Tablet which is a Samsung 8.4 Pro, back for last Xmas for about $250. from BestBuys.

Trust me, I seriously am not saying this to start any wars here or stand on any soapboxes or help sell any of these things, with as well keeping in mind as its my first tablet I don't have much to compare it to, and well that I fully admit to not really being the biggest tech on these things, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it an also in consideration that it servers my particular needs well.

Now after several months with my supervisor at work seeing me use it, he wants a tablet too (which would be his first one as well, although he has had a Galaxy5 for awhile), an I just wonder if I should recommend the one I have, or tell him to get something else?

As I said an at least for me, this tablet is pretty nice but I told him one, how they stopped making them so future support from Samsung might be spotty. Plus too that I really don't know much about what is out now, or that I am the most knowing of how to even judge what's best.

But then after an just to look, it seems like you can still get one of these from BestBuys, but its back up to like $400 now an personally, I don't know if I would have spent that much on it.

Anyway, I could go on with a few other things but I thought I would just post to see if there were some other directions for brands or series I might recommend for him?

Or could it be that even at $400 an with the other drawbacks, the Pro I have is still the best bang for the buck?

Note, we do want to stay within the Android OS, an keep with at least KitKat as even for one, I know he will be looking for my help with its op. Would also say that hopefully we can stay around the $300.00 or under budget. But might say if $400 is giving us a ton for the money, we might go that high.

Thanks for any help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I got a Tab Pro 8.4 for my wife, who ultimately gave it to my parents since it turned out she didn't really use it. My parents really love it so far. It was a good deal from Groupon Goods for $199 (16 GB version, refurbished), and it's currently available on woot.com for the same price (Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" Tablet - Computers.Woot). Excellent specs--very similar to the flagship Tab S, but just with a slightly inferior screen when it comes to color intensity (the resolution is the same). The merits of Lollipop have been the subject of much debate, so the fact that it's on KitKat (and will probably be stuck on KitKat) isn't necessarily a negative.

I will say, though, that the unit we received failed after about 45 days. Fortunately, it had a 90 day warranty from Samsung, so we sent it back for repair, and I think they replaced the motherboard. It's been working fine ever since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084