So my Samsung Galaxy S2 started acting weird today. I was using whatsapp fine yesterday and the phone was working a bit slow the last few days but nothing of major concern. as of today however it does not receive images or voice notes when I try to download or when someone sends to me. It does not let me record any messages or send any images. The gallery wont open anymore saying that I dont have enough internal storage and that I need to delete something. Although I have enough storage.( I have an 8gb sd card too and about 7gb free internal storage)The app storage is not full yet either it still has 300mb left because I deleted stuff. Anyway a lot of my apps stopped working properly and started crashing and telling me that I dont have enough storage left. And now if I try to plug it in to my laptop to delete soemthing it says that its write protected or something. The funny thing is that if I restart my phone and go on whatsapp or whatever everything downloads and I have no problem making about 2 recordings adn I can send images again but after that everything goes back.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    03-22-2015 03:07 PM
    Start by clearing the Cached Data in Storage, then please report back with the result. We can take it from there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Cipri C likes this.
    03-22-2015 05:21 PM
    I didn't think anyone would answer. Thank you.
    I used app cache cleaner to delete the cached data but still nothing works. Please help.
    P.S. If I go to settings my device memory says I have 1.97 gb of total space and apps take only 0.92gb and it says I have only 220 mb free. What is taking almost 1gb? Oh and this phone has a memory of 16 gb.
    03-23-2015 12:20 AM
    Welcome as a new member.

If you are using an SD card, try unmounting and removing it....it may be causing problems.
    Another step worth trying is to boot into Safe Mode, which will temporarily disable third-party apps, one or more of which may be causing problems. To do that, Power Off the phone, then when the 'Phone will power off' confirmation comes up, instead of a short-press to confirm, long-press it to get the Safe Mode option.

Cipri C likes this.
    03-23-2015 05:36 AM
    Thank you for answering belodion!
    I actually went on and just reset my phone. I actually thought this time it would work fine but still no luck. I should have enough storage now but when I open the gallery it still says that I dont have enough storage and to delete some items and I still cant record any voice notes on whatsapp. I downloaded some apps and they download fine. I have no trouble with that. But for example my tumblr app does not load images anymore, they are just blank images. I also cant copy files using my laptop on my phone anymore for some reason. All these things started happening at the same time.
    I tried running it without the external sd card and the errors still happen. However I cant get it to boot in safe mode. When I press power off and the message 'Phone will power off appears' I long-press the 'ok' button but it doesnt go into safe mode it just shuts down normally after I release it.Please help
    03-23-2015 09:56 AM
    There are two different partitions: /data, where your apps are stored (but this partition is smaller than /sdcard partition), and a /sdcard which is your internal storage (that is where your files are stored)

Cipri C and belodion like this.
    03-23-2015 10:00 AM
    Maybe delete some files on your internal storage!

03-23-2015 10:03 AM
    I think, maybe root your phone!

03-23-2015 10:05 AM
    Or do a hard reset by going to the recovery menu!

03-23-2015 10:06 AM
    I already did a hard reset. It still doesnt work like I mentioned earlier.
    03-23-2015 10:21 AM
    Hmmm. When you power off the phone - I just tried it on my own G3 to be certain - a box called Phone Options comes up. Long-pressing the Power Off option quickly brings up the option to enter Safe Mode. Does this not happen with yours?

03-23-2015 12:43 PM
    Nope Safe mode does nothing. I still get the gallery error message that I dont have anough storage.
    03-24-2015 12:12 AM
    So I started the phone in normally again. The gallery worked fine for a minute and I could see my pics but then again it gave me the error message that I dont have enough storage.
    03-24-2015 12:20 AM