Why does Google maps lose satellite immediately?

A

AC Question

why does google maps lose satellite immediately

both text search and voice search work fine, but when i start navigation it immediately says satellite signal lost and will not go any further.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does google maps lose satellite immediately

You may try clearing the cache and data for the Maps app. Go into Settings > then Apps > then Swipe until you are at the ALL Apps column, then swipe up until you find the App MAPS. Tap on Maps to open it then do a Clear Cache and follow this with a Clear Data. While you are here look to see what version of Maps you are running.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does google maps lose satellite immediately

If it's a Samsung phone (I have no idea if it works on any other one), open Phone (as if you were making a phone call), then:

Dial *#9090# (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
or, if you don't have UMTS:
UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

If you run GPS Status & Toolbox before you do the fix, you'll see that the phone is looking for GPS data (IOW, "what satellites should I be looking for?"), and it'll keep searching until Andromeda galaxy crashes into the Milky Way. I have no idea what's actually causing the problem, since it should be getting the data from data it has internally, and probably updates periodically, but the fix does fix it. (After you restart the phone, if you run GPS Status, you'll see that it gets a lock within 30 seconds. After that first one it should lock even faster the next time(s) you turn GPS on.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay