Why would my text messaging just up and quit working?

A

AC Question

I have a samsung galaxy s3. I have service through straight talk and i believe the main carrier is At&t. I let my service lasp today as i was supposed to refill yesterday. iv been on support for three hours and each person has me resetting my phone and a bunch of other stuff. I can call and receive as well, but i can not send or receive text messages. i put the right amount on and both my account as well as straight talk service says it is active. yet no text messages? i did not bring the phone into the service so im not sure if i have access to APN or not. Support says it does not exist which i find a little bit redundant. Any idea on how to fix this? I have factory reset my phone, about to do a factory unlock if its possible? Help????

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The APN has nothing to do with texting.

2) Contact Straight Talk on Facebook - the people there actually know something (not much, but more than the nothing you've been getting.) I'm guessing that your account needs to be reprovisioned (which they can do in about 2 minutes)

3) A factory reset just removes anything you put on the phone since it came out of the box. If you can make phone calls it doesn't have to be unlocked. (And if anyone at Straight Talk gave you any idea that you had to do either one, that person should be slowly roasted over a small match until they're well done.)

Drewriggles35

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Rukbat, its frustrating, i spent 3 hours on the phone and close to 15 different people trying to help me but failed. half of that time was trying to convince them that doing the same thing over and over was not going to help.. but did they listen no. and i did not know about APN. iv been trying to research about it on line and only thing i could come up with would be apn. and a factory reset.
but i wish i knew about the factory reset before i actually did it but thanks. it still have yet to be solved and fb isnt really helping