Trying to connect phone to pc, keep getting message that the peripheral device driver is missing. went to Motorola website and downloaded drivers but still getting this message. can anyone help a not so tech savy person like me
    03-25-2015 07:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What happens if you dismiss that device driver error, and wait another 10-20 seconds? Can you check to see if the device appears in Windows Explorer?

Some phones have a partition on their internal storage that acts like a CD drive when you connect the phone to the computer via USB--this "drive" usually contains installation software from either the manufacturer or the carrier (like proprietary sync software), which quite frankly is often clunky and not very useful. When you connect a phone like this to a computer, the first thing that shows up is usually a Windows dialog box asking you what you want to do with the "CD drive," with options like "Auto-Play." If you exit out of this dialog box by clicking on the red X button at the upper right of the box, you can easily bypass it, after which you should be able to see the phone in the device list.

So what I'm wondering is if that "CD drive" isn't mounting correctly--but if you can bypass that error, then maybe it will proceed to connect the rest of the internal storage appropriately.
    03-26-2015 12:57 AM