Really aggravated with this issue: the "swiping" functionality on my Moto G is really choppy / sluggish. It's not just merely a lag or sluggish, but rather when I drag my finger across the screen, the swipe gets frequently interrupted, so it's almost like the phone thinks I'm making a dotted line rather than one smooth gesture even though my finger never leaves the screen and pressure is constant. Huge problem for my swiping keyboard, which has been rendered non-usable, b/c it thinks I'm picking my finger up in the middle of words I'm spelling. Also makes any app that requires a swipe (e.g. Tinder) aggravating, since I can no longer swipe things away with a flick. Stuff I've observed which only further confuses me:

- A reboot doesn't help...if it were just a RAM / CPU thing, you'd think it would.
    - Nothing in my task manager app indicates that anything is hogging resources.
    - I thought it might be my screen protector, but removed that and cleaned the screen to no avail.
    - What's most perplexing is that occasionally it will start working smoothly and quickly out of nowhere for several hours, and I think it's gone, only to return the next day or something. So there's SOMETHING that's causing it to get weird and choppy, but the fast/buttery responsiveness is still in there somewhere...i just don't know what's going on.
    03-25-2015 11:38 AM
    You can try booting your device into Safe Mode. This will restrict all 3rd party apps from starting at boot. If the problem persists in this mode, I'm afraid you're looking at a hardware issue most likely. Maybe your screen is beginning to fail or there's a loose connector inside the phone if this is the case.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9050
    03-25-2015 11:54 AM